EMDR Therapy Toronto
EMDR Therapy Toronto is a highly effective treatment for trauma and other emotional difficulties. EMDR stands for Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing, and it has been shown to be extremely helpful in resolving a variety of issues. EMDR therapy is often used to treat post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), but can also be beneficial for anxiety, depression, phobias, and other problems. If you are looking for professional EMDR Therapy Toronto Services we can help you out! Contact us today to book an appointment!
What is EMDR Therapy?
EMDR is a type of therapy that uses bilateral stimulation, usually eye movements, to help the brain process and heal from trauma. EMDR was originally developed to treat PTSD, but it has been found to be helpful for a variety of other mental health issues as well. EMDR therapy consists of eight phases:
- Phase One – History and treatment planning: In this phase, the therapist will gather information about your history and current symptoms. This will help them to develop a treatment plan that is tailored to your needs.
- Phase Two – Preparation: In this phase, the therapist will teach you some coping and self-regulation skills. These skills will be used during the EMDR therapy process and will help you to stay in control during the EMDR therapy session.
- Phase Three – Assessment: In this phase, the therapist will assess your current level of distress and identify any negative beliefs or memories that may be causing your distress.
- Phase Four – Desensitization: This is the main phase of EMDR therapy. In this phase, the therapist will use bilateral stimulation to help you process and heal from your trauma.
- Phase Five – Installation: In this phase, the therapist will help you to install positive beliefs about yourself. This will replace any negative beliefs that were identified in the assessment phase.
- Phase Six – Body scan: In this phase, the therapist will help you to identify any physical sensations that are associated with your trauma.
- Phase Seven – Closure: In this phase, the therapist will help you to develop a plan for how to deal with any residual distress that may be present after the EMDR therapy session.
- Phase Eight – Re-evaluation: In this phase, the therapist will assess your progress and determine if any additional EMDR therapy sessions are necessary.
During EMDR therapy, we help our clients process different aspects of their trauma or emotional issues in a way that is conducive and positively constructive. Overall, EMDR is an evidence-based therapy, which means that it has been researched and shown to be effective in treating a variety of mental health concerns. In regards to frequency, EMDR therapy is usually done in weekly sessions, and the number of sessions needed will depend on each individual client.
Schedule a consultation today to learn more about our EMDR Therapy Toronto Services.
Can My Therapist in Toronto Provide Me With EMDR Therapy?
EMDR is a specific psychotherapy method and should only be provided by mental health clinicians who have been properly trained to provide EMDR to their clients. The EMDR International Association (EMDRIA) provides EMDR training to individuals who are required to meet certain eligibility requirements. Fortunately at Cedarway Therapy we have several qualified EMDR Therapists ready to assist you. If you are ready to get started schedule a consultation today!
What are the Benefits of EMDR Therapy Toronto Services?
EMDR has been found to be an effective treatment for a variety of mental health concerns. EMDR is especially beneficial for treating trauma, but can also be helpful for anxiety, depression, phobias, and other issues. Overall EMDR therapy is a great tool that can help you to heal from your trauma and move on with your life. The main benefits of EMDR Therapy include:
- EMDR can help to reduce or eliminate symptoms of trauma, anxiety, depression, and other mental health concerns.
- EMDR can help you to process and heal from your trauma in a way that is more efficient than traditional talk therapy.
- EMDR can help you to develop positive beliefs about yourself and your life.
- EMDR can help you to identify and cope with any physical sensations that are associated with your trauma.
If you relate to any of these challenges you may benefit from seeing an EMDR Therapist. At Cedarway Therapy we are extremely open and encourage you to reach out to us for help if you think you need it. Remember that you are not alone and that we can help you develop a treatment plan suitable for your current situation. To get professional help today, feel free to schedule a consultation with our clinic and we would be honored to take part in your healing regarding your overall wellness.
What are Some Signs You May Need EMDR Therapy in Toronto?
There are a variety of signs that EMDR therapy may be beneficial for you. If you have experienced any type of trauma, EMDR therapy can be helpful in reducing symptoms of PTSD. EMDR is also effective in treating anxiety, depression, phobias, and other mental health concerns. If you are struggling to cope with your trauma or emotional issues, EMDR therapy may be a good option for you.
Does EMDR Work for Anxiety?
Absoloutely, EMDR therapy is an extremely effective option for individuals who suffer from anxiety and PTSD. Although EMDR therapy can be emotionally intense if done correctly it should be very beneficial in helping individuals process anxiety and stress in a constructive manner.
EMDR Therapy Toronto Cost?
The cost of EMDR therapy will depend on the therapist you see and your insurance coverage. While psychotherapy services are not covered under OHIP, many individuals’ extended-health insurance provide coverage for psychological services. At Cedarway Therapy, we offer a sliding scale fee for EMDR therapy to make it more accessible to those who need it. Direct-billing is also available for some extended-health insurance providers, such as Green Shield Canada. Overall, fees can be discussed during the initial consultation. To schedule your consultation click here!
How Can I Schedule an EMDR Therapy Appointment in Toronto?
If you are interested in scheduling an EMDR appointment in Toronto, Cedarway Therapy can help. We offer EMDR Therapy Toronto services to individuals who are seeking treatment for trauma, anxiety, depression, and other mental health concerns. To schedule a consultation, please call us at 416-900-8077 or click here to book online.