Looking for trauma counselling? You’ve come to the right place! Our team of experts are here to help you work through your trauma and get on the path to healing. We understand how difficult it can be to deal with trauma, and we want to provide you with the support you need. Contact us today to learn more about our services and to schedule a consultation!
What is Trauma Counselling?
Trauma counselling is a type of therapy that helps people deal with the psychological effects of trauma. It can help people to process their trauma, understand their reactions, and develop coping mechanisms. Trauma counselling can be an effective treatment for Post traumatic stress disorder PTSD, anxiety, depression, and other mental health conditions.
What are the Signs of Trauma?
Signs and symptoms of Posttraumatic stress include:
- Intrusive, distressing and disruptive memories
- “Flashbacks” – re-experiencing the trauma, as if it is happening in the present moment
- Night terrors or nightmares
- Severe distress when exposed to reminders of the trauma
- Anxious avoidance of reminders of the trauma
- Feeling “unreal”, “in a movie” or out-of-body experience
- Depressed or low mood
- Loss of interest or pleasure in activities
- Anger outbursts
- Feeling constantly nervous or “on edge”
- Insomnia or sleep difficulty
- Trouble focusing or concentrating
- Easily alarmed
- Feeling unsafe or on guard
What are The Potential Causes of Trauma?
There are many potential causes of trauma, including:
- Violent crimes (e.g., rape, assault, robbery)
- Witnessing a crime
- Natural disasters (e.g., hurricanes, earthquakes)
- Accidents (e.g., car accidents, plane crashes)
- War or combat exposure
- Childhood abuse or neglect
Regardless of what you may have experienced you can be rest-assured that trauma counselling is a good place to start if you have a lot of built up emotion associated with a traumatic event. Schedule a consultation today and we would be more than happy to help.
What Does a Trauma Counselling Session Look Like?
During a trauma counselling session, you will meet with a therapist to discuss your experiences and feelings. The therapist will help you to understand your trauma and how it has affected you. They will also work with you to develop coping strategies and create a plan for moving forward. Common questions typically asked in a Trauma Counselling Session include the following:
- What happened during the trauma?
- How did the trauma make you feel?
- What are your thoughts about the trauma now?
- What are your reactions to triggers?
- What have you been doing to cope with the trauma?
Based on your answers, the therapist will work with you to develop a plan for trauma counselling. This plan may include cognitive-behavioral therapy, exposure therapy, or other evidence-based treatments.
What are the Different Types of Trauma Cedarway Therapy Addresses?
We specialize in a variety of trauma counselling services including the following:
- PTSD Counselling: This is a type of trauma therapy that helps people who have experienced a traumatic event to process their trauma and develop coping mechanisms. PTSD counselling can help to reduce symptoms of anxiety, depression, and flashbacks.
- Anxiety Counselling: This is a type of therapy that helps people who experience anxiety to understand their condition and learn how to manage their symptoms. Anxiety counselling can help to reduce stress, improve sleep, and increase coping skills.
- Depression Counselling: This is a type of therapy that helps people who experience depression to understand their condition and learn how to manage their symptoms. Depression counselling can help to reduce feelings of sadness, improve sleep, and increase coping skills.
- Trauma Counselling for Children and Families: This is a type of trauma therapy that helps children and families who have experienced a traumatic event to process their trauma and develop coping mechanisms. Trauma counselling can help to reduce symptoms of anxiety, depression, and flashbacks.
How can Trauma Counselling alleviate your pain?
Trauma counselling can help create a safe space and provide you with the support you need to heal the trauma you are experiencing. It can help you understand your trauma and how it has affected you. It can also help you develop coping skills to deal with the pain of trauma. Trauma counselling can be an incredibly helpful tool in your healing process.
At Cedarway Therapy we offer trauma counselling services that can help you heal from your trauma. We also offer a variety of trauma counselling services that can address different types of trauma and also provide a sliding scale fee to make our services accessible to everyone. If you are interested in scheduling a trauma counselling appointment, click here to schedule a consultation.
Why is Cedarway Therapy the Trauma Therapist Clinic of Choice?
Cedarway Therapy is the trauma therapist clinic of choice because we offer a variety of services that can address different types of trauma. Whether you require talk therapy or require trauma informed guidance, we can help. Our team of experienced and compassionate therapists and social workers are dedicated to helping our clients take charge of their nervous system and day to day life to heal from their trauma experiences. Overall if you need guidance and support we are always here to help.
What is the Cost of Trauma Treatment?
The cost of trauma treatment will depend on the therapist you see and your insurance coverage. While psychotherapy services are not covered under OHIP, many individuals’ extended-health insurance provide coverage for psychological services. At Cedarway Therapy, we offer a sliding scale fee for trauma counselling to make it more accessible to those who need it. Direct-billing is also available for some extended-health insurance providers, such as Green Shield Canada. Overall, fees can be discussed during the initial consultation. To schedule your consultation click here!
How Can I Schedule a Trauma Counselling Appointment?
If you’re interested in Trauma Counselling, Cedarway Therapy can help. We understand how post traumatic stress disorder can impact every area of a person’s life and we’re here to help. Our team of experienced psychologists will work with you personally to determine the best treatment plan to help you manage your situation. We offer both individual and group therapy and offer many resources for those dealing with trauma and need additional support.
If you think you or someone you care about may benefit from trauma counselling please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We offer free consultations so that you can learn more about our services and decide if we’re the right fit for you. Contact us today to book an appointment!